Lynn is a frequent speaker, focusing on innovations in the water industry and the path toward water sustainability. Lynn is a sought-after speaker, panelist, and moderator known for being knowledgeable, thought-provoking, and positive about the opportunities ahead.
Examples of topics on which Lynn enjoys speaking: sustainable water infrastructure, distributed infrastructure, resource recovery, water-energy-food nexus, water utilities as sources of renewable energy, sustainable cities, rainwater harvest, and social equity in America’s water.
Recent presentations and interviews include:
- “Time for Utilities to Embrace Decentralisation”. The Source. December 2020.
- “Opportunities in Distributed Water Infrastructure”. Presentation at 3rd Annual Water Conference, hosted by International Society for Water Solutions and Institute for Sustainability. December 2020.
- Words on Water: Lynn Broaddus on her Perspective and Priorities as WEF President. Podcast with Travis Loop. November 2020.
- “Brave Blue World” screening and panel discussion. Moderator for WEFTEC Connect. October 2020.
- #WaterGoesVirtual Interview with WEF Incoming President Lynn Broaddus. Podcast with Cat Shrier. October 2020.
- WEFTEC Preview with WEF President-elect Lynn Broaddus. Empowering Pumps interview. September 2020.
- “What’s New in Distributed Water Infrastructure”. Presentation for Urban Water Funders Group. March 2020.
- The Human Right to Clean Water & Sanitation: UN Sustainable Development Goal #6, ESGPlayers Podcast with Jonathan Kvasnik, March 2019.
- “The Future of Decentralized Infrastructure”, 2018 Onsite Wastewater Megaconference, Bloomington MN.
- “Navigating and Influencing Policy“, session moderator, 15 March 2018, Imagine H2O/WEF Innovation Forum, San Francisco CA.
- “Resource Recovery: From Innovation to Adoption”, 7 August 2017, The Second International Resource Recovery Conference (IRRC2017), International Water Association, Columbia University, New York, NY
- “Integrated Water Management – What Is It and How Can It Benefit Your Community and Your River“, 24 August 2016, webinar speaker for Urban Waters Learning Network.
- “America’s Water: Innovation at Work“, 25 March 2016, panelist for Columbia Water Center, Columbia University, New York NY
- “New Opportunities in Decentralized/Distributed Wastewater Treatment and Reuse”, 4 November 2015, Keynote address for Onsite Wastewater Mega-conference, Virginia Beach VA.
- “Utility / Utility Collaboration“, 21 July 2015, moderator for panel discussion for Water Environment Federation’s Great Water Cities, New Orleans LA.
- “Water Challenges for the Future“, 15 July 2015, Farm Foundation Forum, National Press Club, Washington DC.
- “Understanding the Impact of Water Resiliency on Future Generations”, 16 March 2015, GE Ecomagination World Water Day Google hangout event
- Interview with “Modern Pumping Today“, February 2015 issue
- Municipal Bond Buyers Conference, 24 February 2015, La Quinta CA. Keynote
- National Federation of Municipal Analysts, 22-23 January, 2015, Houston TX. Panelist for “Sustainability” topic.
- Farm Foundation Roundtable, 7-9 January, 2015, Orlando FL. Speaker “Freshwater Crisis Facing the United States”
- Western Power Summit, 2-3 November 2014, Las Vegas NV. Panelist on water-energy
- WUWM, 31 October 2014: Interview and coverage of work at The Johnson Foundation
- Water Online Radio, 21 October 2014 Podcast
- E&E TV, 6 October 2014 Video interview
- University of North Carolina, Environmental Finance Center, 5 May 2014: Panelist
- WUWM Milwaukee Public Radio, 24 June 2013 Interview
- Rocky Mountain PBS “Colorado State of Mind”, 18 October 2011: Panelist
- E&E TV, 15 Sept 2010, Transcript of video interview