Throughout her career Lynn has given back to the community through volunteer and honorary leadership roles. Current roles include:
- Board Chair, River Network. Currently in her third term, Lynn has been on the Board of River Network since 2010.
- Trustee, Water Environment Federation. This is a three-year term that runs through 2018.
- Non-resident Fellow, Brookings Institute Metropolitan Policy Program, 2015-2017.
- Board Member Emeritus and past chair, Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Lynn served on the Board of Visitors from 2009-2016.
Past roles include board membership and leadership roles on the River Alliance of Wisconsin, Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters, Milwaukee Riverkeeper, Milwaukee Environmental Consortium, and various community organizations.
Lynn’s leadership and unique contributions have been recognized with the following honors:
- Woman of Influence (Public Policy), 2014, Milwaukee Business Journal
- Steady Currents Award , 2013, River Alliance of Wisconsin
- Women Putting Their Stamp on Milwaukee, 2006, US Postal Service