Throughout her career Lynn has given back to the community through volunteer and honorary leadership roles. Current roles include:
- President-Elect, Water Environment Federation (WEF). WEF is a not-for-profit technical and educational organization of 34,000 individual members and 75 affiliated Member Associations representing water quality professionals around the world. As a global water sector leader, WEF’s mission is to connect water professionals, enrich the expertise of water professionals, increase the awareness of the impact and value of water, and provide a platform for water sector innovation. Lynn has been a trustee since 2015, is past-chair of the Governance Committee and the Strategic Advisory Committee, and currently chairs the WEFTEC Advisory Committee
- Past Board Chair, River Network. River Network works to protect clean water by encouraging diversity in the environmental movement, and helping engaged community members and local organizations take a stand for their waters. Lynn served on the Board of River Network from 2010 to 2019, and served as board chair from 2014-2017.
- Non-resident Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution Metropolitan Policy Program from 2015-2018. Brookings Institution is a nonprofit public policy organization based in Washington, DC. whose mission is to conduct in-depth research that leads to new ideas for solving problems facing society at the local, national and global level. Lynn’s role is to provide expertise for the Brookings’ staff on trends and areas of concern on matters of water infrastructure and financing, and to connect the institution to practice-area experts. Lynn has served in this role since 2015.
- Board Member Emeritus and past chair, Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Lynn served on the Board of Visitors from 2009-2016.
- Water Intelligence Panel member, Water Online. 2018.
Past roles also include board membership / chair on the River Alliance of Wisconsin, Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters, Milwaukee Riverkeeper, Milwaukee Environmental Consortium, and various community organizations.
Lynn’s leadership and unique contributions have been recognized with the following honors:
- Woman of Influence (Public Policy), 2014, Milwaukee Business Journal
- Steady Currents Award , 2013, River Alliance of Wisconsin
- Women Putting Their Stamp on Milwaukee, 2006, US Postal Service